I’m going to just write and ramble and see what comes out. Life man, life is a bitch. Life can be totally awesome and then life can be that bitch in middle school that you will always hate because she didn’t like your heavy eyeliner that would always smear because you didn’t know about waterproof yet. Over the past few months I think I’ve had more life altering experiences than I have had in the past few years. Moving to a new state with completely different political views than your used too, a new culture, a new norm to conform too – it got exhausting. I’m finally figuring out what is socially acceptable to talk about and what I should keep to myself, that was a huge trial and error experience.
Theres a few things that have stood out to me that I feel compelled to mention, hopefully it will help you too.
- There will always be someone telling you your way of thinking is wrong. And it may be wrong to them, but if its right for you then continue on your way. There is no right or wrong in this world. There’s only opinions that have been shaped by our upbringing and life events. Don’t be close minded, but follow your gut. If you’re compelled to go a specific route, follow that trail. If you fail, thats okay. At least you won’t have to wonder “what if”.
- Its okay to cut people off. I deleted my Facebook 3 months ago and it was the most therapeutic experience not to give a fuck about what other people are constantly doing. It’s been nice to keep in contact with those I truly care about and being able to live my life for me and not for what I can post on Facebook later on. Silly I know, but I was addicted to social media… Its a real thing lol.
- “Fake it until you make it”. I used to preach how important it was to be happy and to spread positivity like it was chunky peanut butter and you’re on your period. But I’ve kinda changed my mind on this.. It is okay to not be okay. It is okay to be depressed and sad. It is okay to not be yourself for months because you have no idea what the hell is happening in your life. It is okay to fall down. Its okay not to be happy. Don’t fake your feelings, confront them. If you keep running with this fake smile, overtime whatever it is behind that smile will worsen. Don’t fake it until you make it, you will be happy one day. You will radiate with positivity one day. But, if thats not right now, thats okay.
- Where you are right now is where you are meant to be. If I could get “It happened for a Reason” tattooed on my forehead, I would. It seems we have become a society that regrets more than we accept a situation for happening. We’ve also became a society that forces, rather than allows natural events to occur. Life was not meant to be controlled. The more we try to control it, the more it gets fucked up. Let life happen. Its going to fucken suck. Like really suck. But you know what, eventually it will be better than you ever expected.
- No matter what anyone tells you, you have full control of you. Go to school for what you want. Live where you want. Eat what you want. Believe what you want. What is the point of living a life that other people want you to live? Whenever my friends talk to me about what they should do, I ask what THEY want to do. Their answer? Their answer is the answer. Why are you talking to me if YOU know what you want to do. I’m not going to tell you you are right or wrong. If that’s what your heart is telling you, do it!
The media is no longer into diets, its all about living a healthy lifestyle. But its centered around eating habits and exercise. But what about your mental health? There is never a wrong time to make a change. If you don’t like your job, quit. Its okay, find a job that makes you happy. If you don’t like your major, quit. Its okay, find a major that you love. If you don’t like your living situation, leave. Find the destination that feels like home.
Anything you are ever feeling is okay. Never doubt your emotions. Its okay to not be in a positive head space at all times. Its okay to take your own path in life. Always remember, you are not alone. There is a community of people out there following their dreams and living their life FOR THEM. Join that community if thats what you desire to do. Its okay to not have money be your focus, or a huge career, or an education. Know the risks of the path you choose and if you are content with those, then proceed on.
Its 2016 and its about time we all said “fuck your opinions” and lived our own lives. Find those people who compliment your strengths and accept you for weaknesses. Find those people who genuinely care about who you are as a person, not just how they can benefit from you.